Navagrahas are the nine main celestial bodies which have deity status in Hinduism. These planets have significant influence on the lives of earthly living beings. According to legend the Navagrahas were born from the rage of Lord Shiva.
Surya, Chandra, Mangala, Budha, Guru, Shukra, Shani, Rahu and Ketu all affect our daily lives. According to our Zodiac signs and our time of birth, the Navagrahas affect us either positively or negatively.
When we face bad luck or we fail at certain times in life, we often think that maybe we didnt work hard enough. Oftentimes, our happy lives are turned upside down by negativity, disappointment, diseases, mishaps and myriad other problems.
All these issues might seem like a natural part of life, but they occur due to the negative effects of the Navagrahas. Their positions and movement drastically affect our fortunes.
But it is possible to reverse the negative effects of Navagrahas into positive ones. The process is known as the Navagraha Pooja and is very effective. This pooja can even be done at home if one follows the proper set of rituals.
1. The necessary items include Navgrah Yantra, incense, lamps, turmeric, kumkum, camphor, ghee, sandalwood paste and coconuts.
2. Fruits, flowers, rice, sesame oil, betel nuts and leaves, sweets and havan kund samagri are also required.
1. Chant the Navagraha Mantras
2. Offer fruits, sweets, incense to appease the Navagrahas.
3. Homam or fire ritual.
1. Helps remove negative effects of particular Grahas.
2. Improves quality of personal and professional life.
3. Gains the positive blessings of the Navagrahas.
4. Keeps away bad luck and misfortune
5. Keeps away diseases and ailments.
6. Helps to attain salvation (Moksha).