Lord Shiva is one of the main deities of Hindu religion and millions of Hindus from all over the world are devoted to his worship to seek his blessings. The holiest shrines of Lord Shiva in India are the Jyotirlinga temples at Varanasi, Nashik, Ujjain, Rameshwaram and many other locations.
The main aim of the devotees is to visit these Jyotirlinga temples and perform poojas at these most auspicious locations. However, with our hectic lives and our different responsibilities it is not possible to go across the country from one temple to another, to offer Poojas. Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap is one of the most important Shiv Poojas and has tremendous benefits. This pooja even has the ability to lengthen the lifespan of devotees and save them from life threatening ailments.
It is possible to perform this special pooja at ones home, if one has the proper items required and follows the correct set of rituals.
1. Gangajal, cow milk, curd, ghee, honey, sugar, white cloth, sacred thread (Janeu), betel nuts, tulsi and bel leaves, dhatura, bhang, sandalwood paste, rice are some necessary items.
2. Other items required for this pooja are lamps, incense, flowers, fruits and sweets, roli, sacred red and white thread etc.
1. Chanting Lord Shivas Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap Mantra 108 times with Jaap Mala.
2. Offering flowers to Shivling.and performing Abhishekam with milk and water.
3. Performing Sankalp (pouring water into a pot and asking for Lord Shivas blessings).
4. Worship of Lord Shiva with 5 items (lamp, incense, water, Bel leaves, and fruits)
5. Havan is performed at the end of Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap Pooja.
1. Destroys all evil influences in your life.
2. Helps you be more ambitious and achieve professional success.
3. It is improves your health tremendously.
4. It creates a Kavach or protection around you and your family.
5. Brings harmony to your marriage and your family life.
6. All sins from this life and the past are removed by chanting the Mantra.